So we know, we've already told you about some of the amazing benefits of lavender, but given the events of the year and our current election, we figured it was time to bring it up again.
If you recall, we spoke a lot about the healing powers of this plant on the body but it doesn't seem to get enough of the spotlight for its healing powers on the mind as well. We've dealt firsthand with the struggles of using Western medicine therapies as a remedy for anxiety, depression, stress, you name it, but when we realized that it was time to transition to a plant-based therapy so we turned to lavender.
Now disclaimer, different therapies work for different people and levels of anxiety, depression, stress, and more. We by no means are claiming that lavender is the resolution because we do not have the credentials to do so. All claims in this post as merely opinion-based and nothing more.
With that said, here are the different ways we turn to lavender to help promote a healthy mindset.
1) Candles/Wax Melts: When mixing lavender essential oils with other oils that promote calm and relaxation, the results are powerful. Not only does it help to freshen stale air, according to WebMD, but it also helps with improving memory and promoting sleep/relaxation as well.
2) Diffusion: Similar to candles/wax melts, allowing your lavender essential oils to permeate the air can have a positive impact on your mindset as well. In a well-ventilated room allow your diffuser to run in increments with the recommended amount of oil for your diffuser to help with trouble sleeping, studying or just relaxing.
3) Bathing: Being immunocompromised, it is important that we find skin and body care products with limited ingredients that will help to promote anti-inflammation and stress-relief with antibacterial properties. Our Lavender Poppy Seed Goat Milk Soap bars were created with these needs in mind, and more.
4) Skin Application: Because skin sensitivities can lead to irritation, it is important to consult with a doctor before use and test any products on a small section of skin to ensure that there are no negative reactions. Of all of the uses, this happens to be our favorite because of the ease of use. Our Lavender Body Mist is a great source of stress-relief, skin hydration (great for dry lips!) +and budget-friendly... can't beat that! A quick mist after a shower and mid-day and we're rejuvenated and ready to carry on with our day.
5) Hair Care: As we move more towards natural hair care routines, it is super important to have a regime that works for you. We all know that with cold weather comes shedding so it is super important to use products that will help combat this issue. Lavender has been known to promote hair growth and thickness so we love to combine it with rosewater for a conditioner and frizz tamer... stay tuned for something new in our holiday collection!
So, there you have it. As we said, 2020 is a big 'ole stress bubble so why not turn to nature's goodies to help get us through the finish line and into a new and (somewhat) improved year?
And wait, before we leave, here are a few of OUR favorite lavender products from yours truly 😊.